Hot school dinners are provided by Cater Cater a local catering company.
All infant children are entitled to a free dinner each day. Some junior children have hot dinners each day, some enjoy particular dinners (fish and chips!) and some children have a packed lunch every day.
School dinners are ordered by the children first thing each morning and the dinners are paid for online using ‘Parentpay.’ Parents will receive details of Parentpay when their child starts school.
Free School Meals
Free school meals are only available in England and Wales.
Your child might be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
Your child might also get free school meals if you get any of these benefits and your child is both:
- younger than the compulsory age for starting school
- in full-time education
If you think your child is entitled to free school meals, please visit the following website:
As well as receiving free meals your child will be entitled to funding to enhance the provision they receive in school so please do apply even if you do not want to take up the free school meal.