Welcome to the Governor's section.
School governors are people who want to make a positive contribution to children's education. Their role is voluntary. They contribute to the strategic discussions at governing body meetings and hold the senior leaders to account by monitoring the school’s performance. They ensure that the school staff have the resources and support they require to do their jobs well and assist with a wide range of specific tasks.
Please contact the Chair of Governors, Mrs Clare Green with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Instrument of Government
The name of the governing body is 'The governing body of Ann Cam Church of England Primary School.'
The governing body shall consist of:
- 2 parent governors
- 1 LA governor
- 1 staff governor
- 1 headteacher
- 7 foundation governors
Foundation governors shall be appointed by Gloucester Diocesan Board of Education after consultation with Dymock, Donnington, Kempley and Preston Parochial Church Councils.
The principal officiating minister of the ecclesiastical parishes of Dymock, Donnington, Kempley and Preston shall be a foundation governor ex officio.
The Governing Body meets at least six times per school year.
Governor's Attendance at Meetings
A document showing the attendance at Governing Body meetings is available here.
Governing Body minutes can be found below.
- 04 7 18 publicmins
- 10 07 19 public mins
- 21 3 18 public mins
- 22 5 19 public mins
- 23 5 18 publicmins
- 26 09 18 public mins
- 27 3 19 public mins
- 28 11 18 public mins ann cam
- 30 1 19 public mins
The Terms of Reference for the Governing Body can be found below.
The Governing Body's Terms of reference are as follows:
- To agree constitutional matters*, including procedures where the Governing Body has discretion
- To ensure that the School has a clear School Development Plan with clear strategic priorities and objectives
- To recruit new members as vacancies arise and to appoint new governors* where appropriate
- To hold at least six Governing Body meetings a year*
- To appoint or remove the Chair and Vice Chair*
- To appoint or remove a Clerk to the Governing Body*
- To establish the committees of the Governing Body and their terms of reference*
- To appoint the Chair of any committee (if not delegated to the committee itself)
- To appoint or remove a Clerk to each committee*
- To suspend a governor*
- To decide which functions of the Governing Body will be delegated to committees, groups and individuals*
- To receive reports from any individual or committee to whom a decision has been delegated and to consider whether any further action by the Governing Body is necessary*
- To approve the first formal budget plan of the financial year
- To keep the Health and Safety Policy and its practice under review and to make revisions where appropriate
- To review the delegation arrangements annually*
- Review school’s SATs results – Determine action as appropriate
- To ensure that there is a comprehensive programme of Governor visits annually at the School with clear objectives and outcomes in line with the School’s Development Plan
- To meet twice a year with parents in an open forum
*these matters cannot be delegated to either a committee or an individual
Membership - As per the Instrument of Government
Quorum - One half of the Governors in post
Disqualification - as per Regulation 20 and Schedule 6 of the Constitution Regulations